Several people have asked me exactly what’s going to be in Borg Like Me’s “The Eros Part,” the additional bundle of previously published and new pieces that I’m offering as a PDF (for an $85 Kickstarter pledge). I haven’t finalized the exact table of contents yet, but here’s what I’ve been thinking:
* Confessions of an Amiable Sex Fiend – An experiment in radical honesty that I did for the sex issue of bOING bOING in which I openly wrote about my sexuality. My late wife was thrilled.
* My Date with a Porn Star – OK, it wasn’t really a “date” — I interviewed a well-known porn star for the bOING bOING sex issue and we went out to lunch in LA. We drove in her sports car. She was sweet and funny. She held my hand on Rodeo Drive. I liked her.
* The Red Goddess – A companion piece to “The White Goddess” which will appear in Borg Like Me. The White Goddess is about female beauty, the inspired light and stillness of the moon, and moments of beauty that take your breath away. The Red Goddess will be my attempt at expressing what “sacred sexuality” means to me. Another experiment in radical honesty. I’m scared.
* Lisa Oceanic – An erotic piece I wrote for a girlfriend who was traveling in Europe while I was vacationing on Nantucket. I sat on the beach all day and vividly imagined her there with me. She showed up, in my mind and my words, anyway. It was hot.
* The Psychedelic Book of the Dead – Not sexy, but a love story. My soon-to-be wife and I toke LSD. She went over the edge. Because I was holding her hand, I went over, too. We entered the hellish world of the scary bad trip. It was not fun. Eventually, we made it back to the land of the living and the sane. The experience brought us much closer together. And we never touched hallucinogens again.
That’s what I have so far. I may not publish some of these and may add others. I did a piece for The Industry Standard on the porn industry’s use of technology, the internet, which might still be interesting and relevant, and I wrote a column about keeping married sex fresh for a short-lived NY “literate smut” magazine called CORE (sort of a precursor to Nerve). I might dig those out and slap a new coat of paint on them.
If you want to get The Eros Part, the pledge is $85. It includes everything in the $40 bundle, plus the Eros Part PDF. Or, you can simply add $35 to any pledge $50 or over and you’ll get this bundle.